June 10, 1976 | CHAPTER IX — NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE | FEDERAL REGISTER, VOL. 41, No. 113
§ 908-3 Activities subject to reporting.
(a) The following, when conducted as weather modification activities, shall be subject to reporting:
(1) Seeding or dispersing any substance into clouds or fog, to alter drop size distribution, produce ice crystals or coagulation of droplets, alter the development of hail or lightning, or influence in any way the natural development cycle of clouds or their environment;
(2) Using fires or heat sources to influence convective circulation or to evaporate fog;
(3) Modifying the solar radiation exchange of the earth or clouds, through the release of gasses, dusts, liquids, or aerosols into the atmosphere;
(4) Modifying the characteristics of land or water surfaces by dusting or treating with powders, liquid sprays, dyes, or other materials;
(5) Releasing electrically charged or radioactive particles, or ions, into the atmosphere;
(6) Applying shock waves, sonic energy sources, or other explosive acoustic sources the atmosphere;
(7) Using aircraft propeller downwash, jet wash, or other sources of artificial wind generation; or
(8) Using lasers or other sources of electromagnetic radiation.
Link To eCFR_MAINTAINING RECORDS AND SUBMITTING REPORTS ON WEATHER MODIFICATION ACTIVITIES