Utah Administrative Code – As in effect on July 1, 2018
Terms used in this rule are defined as follows:
(1) “Act” or “Cloud Seeding Act” means the 1973 CLOUD SEEDING TO INCREASE PRECIPITATION ACT, Title 73, Chapter 15.
(2) “Cloud Seeding” or “Weather Modification” means all acts undertaken to artificially distribute or create nuclei in cloud masses for the purposes of altering precipitation, cloud forms, or other meteorological parameters.
(3) “Cloud Seeding Project” means a planned project to evaluate meteorological conditions, perform cloud seeding, and evaluate results.
(4) “Board” means the Utah Board of Water Resources, which is the policy making body for the Utah Division of Water Resources.
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Utah Division of Water Resources.
(6) “Division” means the Director and staff of the Utah Division of Water Resources.
(7) “License” means a certificate issued by the Utah Division of Water Resources certifying that the holder has met the minimum requirements in cloud seeding technology set forth by the State of Utah, and is qualified to apply for a permit for a cloud seeding project.
(8) “Licensed Contractor” means a person or organization duly licensed for cloud seeding activities in the State of Utah.
(9) “Permit” means a certification of project approval to conduct a specific cloud seeding project within the State under the conditions and within the limitations required and established under the provision of these Rules.
(10) “Sponsor” means the responsible individual or organization that enters into an agreement with a licensed contractor to implement a cloud seeding project.