1. USDA United States Department of Agriculture
2. DOC Department of Commerce
3. NOAA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
4. NWS National Weather Service
5. NESDIS National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service
6. OAR Office of Atmospheric Research
7. NOS National Ocean Services
8. OMAO Office of Marine and Aviation Operations
9. DOD Department of Defense
10. Air Force
13. DHS Department of Homeland Security
14. FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency
15. USCG US Coast Guard
16. DOI Department of the Interior
17. BLM Bureau of Land Management
18. BOEM Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
19. NPS National Park Service
20. USGS US Geological Survey
21. DOT Department of Transportation
22. FAA Federal Aviation Administration
23. FHWA Federal Highway Administration
24. EPA Environmental Protection Agency
25. NASA National Aeronautics and Space Administration
26. NRC National Research Council
27. DOE Department of Energy
28. Science BER Biologic and Environmental Research
29. NNSA National Nuclear Security Administration
30. EERE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
31. DOS Department of State
33. NSF National Science Foundation
Environmental Protection Agency:
“Continued but reduced attention is being paid to the effects of airborne toxins, ozone, and fine particulate matter on human health, and the impact of air pollution on human health and sensitive ecosystems. Research on the effect of climate change on air quality has been eliminated in the proposed FY 2018 budget. The funding for the national research grants program, which supports graduate fellowships and scientific grants that focus on environmental science and engineering, is proposed for elimination in FY 2018. “ P 9
“Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR).—OAR programs provide climate, weather, air chemistry, ocean and coastal research and technology with applications across NOAA’s mission. To accomplish these goals, OAR supports a network of scientists in its Federal research laboratories, universities, and cooperative institutes and partnership programs.
National Weather Service (NWS).—NWS programs provide timely and accurate meteorological, hydrologic, and oceanographic warnings and forecasts to ensure the safety of the population, minimize property losses, and improve the economic productivity of the Nation.
National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NES- DIS).—NESDIS operates polar orbiting and geostationary satellites, and collects and archives global environmental data and information for distribution to private and public sector users.
Mission Support.—Mission Support provides management and administrative support for NOAA, including acquisition and grant administration, budget, accounting functions, and human resources.
Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO).— OMAO provides aircraft and marine data acquisition, fleet repair and maintenance, and operations that provide technical and management support for NOAA-wide activities.
The 2018 Budget funds NOAA’s programs and activities within the Operations, Research, and Facilities account at approximately $3.0 billion.” P. 191
• Maintains National Weather Service forecasting capabilities by investing more than $1 billion while continuing to promote efficient and effective operations