USAF June 1996
The Science of Weather Modification seeks to change the interactions between the various levels of activity. These changes, made on a small scale, will hopefully lead to larger scale changes and cause the desired change in the weather.
Weather Modification Methods
Modification of weather can occur a number of ways:
1. Altering the available solar energy by introducing materials
to absorb or reflect sunshine.
2. Adding heat to the atmosphere by artificial means from the surface.
3. Altering air motion by artificial means.
4. Influencing the humidity by increasing or retarding evaporation.
5. Changing the processes by which clouds form and causing precipitation
by using chemicals or inserting additional water into the clouds.